North Shore Medical CenterNorth Shore Medical Center, a 337-bed acute care community hospital, offers a range of services, including 24-hour emergency care, maternity, Level III Neonatal Intensive Care, and psychiatric services. The hospital also offers specialized centers, including Miami-Dade's first Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center, the C. Gordon Griffith Community Cancer Center featuring Edge Radiosurgery technology, Intensive Care Unit, Wound Healing Center, Sleep Disorders Center and Pain Care Center. HOSPITAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Fully accredited by the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
- Received CIGNA Centers of Excellence designation for caesarean section, stroke, adult pneumonia, heart attack, heart failure, laparoscopic gallbladder removal, and vaginal delivery.
- Healthgrades Five Star Rated for Treatment of Stroke (2004-2012)
- Healthgrades Ranked Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Treatment of Stroke (2011-2012)
- Featured in the 2010 “America’s Best Hospitals” issue of US News & World Report to commemorate their receipt of Get With The Guidelines Gold Performance Achievement Award in Coronary Artery Disease treatment