5 Health Symptoms You Should Never IgnoreheadingContent
Don’t hesitate to seek medical attention if any of these warning signs appear.
You know when something’s wrong with your body, but many health concerns will disappear with just a little rest and recovery time. You don’t want to run to your doctor with every sneeze and sniffle, but some symptoms do call for an immediate examination. The American Association of Retired Persons warns that if you notice any of these potentially dangerous warning signs, you shouldn’t wait around to see what happens next. Take action!
- A crushing pain in your chest – It’s not just heartburn if your chest suddenly feels as if it is being crushed or squeezed. According to the American Heart Association, chest pains during a heart attack can disappear and return several times. Don’t assume you’re in the clear just because the symptoms have subsided.
- A severe headache – If you experience a headache so intense that you can’t continue your day, it may be an aneurysm. While migraines may also produce severe headaches, they usually come with other symptoms.
- Blood – If you notice blood in your urine or stool, or if you are coughing or vomiting up blood, it could be a sign of cancer. See a doctor right away.
- Sudden weight loss – If you aren’t trying to lose weight, yet the pounds keep coming off, you could have cancer or an endocrine disorder. According to the American Cancer Society, unexplained weight loss is often the first sign of cancer.
- Confusion – If your thoughts have become hazy, you suddenly can’t seem to focus, or you’re struggling to understand what’s going on around you, there are many possible culprits. Don’t write it off because it seems to just be in your head. You could be suffering from a stroke, a brain tumor, or a bleeding in the brain.
If you notice a non-urgent symptom that requires medical attention, seeing a general physician is the best place to start. At Tenet Florida Physician Services, we have several expert doctors in our network. Let us recommend one near you! Call us at 1-866-654-2362 or stop by our website for more information.