5 Ways To Benefit from Your Doctor's AppointmentheadingContent
Have a doctor’s appointment coming up? Make the most of it!
Take advantage of the time you have with a doctor you trust. Even scheduled appointments tend to be rushed and unfocused when the doctor’s busy and the patient is unprepared. According to Prevention Magazine, most doctors only spend 15 minutes with their patients per visit. Use these five tips to increase the benefits you receive from an appointment.
- Make sure you’re getting the amount of time you need. Don’t be vague when you make your appointment. Explain exactly what’s wrong. Depending on your situation, your doctor’s office may schedule you for a 5 minute or 30 minute time slot.
- Send your doctor any updated information in advance. This could be a huge time saver! Include details about your current complaint, a list of medicines and vitamins you’re taking, and any personal or family history that may be relevant.
- Write down your questions and concerns. Don’t trust your memory to recall everything you wanted to talk about. You don’t want to suddenly remember a pressing question during your drive home.
- Don’t be afraid to talk about embarrassing or personal issues. Your doctor’s office is a safe, judgment-free place. They have heard it all before, and withholding information could affect the care and advice you receive.
- Speak up when you don’t understand. Getting lost in the medical jargon? Say so! Women’s Health Magazine reports that 78 percent of patients struggle to understand their doctors. Clear communication is a top priority in the medical field, but your doctor won’t know you’re confused unless you tell them.
Making an appointment is easy with Tenet Florida Physician Services! You can set up a time with any of our physicians from our website or by calling 1-866-654-2362. Don’t have a doctor with us yet? No problem. We’ll find you the right match.