CardiologyCardiology is the study of the heart and its diseases. The Tenet Florida Physician Services network of cardiologists are some of the best heart specialists in South Florida. They see patients with heart diseases, heart conditions, and other routine and complex cardiac problems. Our physicians provide a wide range of heart health prevention, diagnostic and treatment programs for:
- Heart failure
- Heart attack
- Arrhythmias (heart rhythm disorders)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Valvular heart disease
- General cardiovascular health
When to See a Cardiologist?Your primary care doctor will refer you to a cardiologist for symptoms or issues such as:
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pains
- Heart murmur
- Changes in your electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG)
- A family history of heart conditions or heart-related illnesses
- Echocardiogram – A painless test that uses sound waves to create moving pictures of your heart. The pictures show the size and shape of your heart and how well your heart's chambers and valves are working.
- Ambulatory ECG – A recording during activity to look for abnormal heart rhythms.
- Exercise Test – A test that provides information about how your heart works during physical stress or exercise. During this test, you exercise (walk or run on a treadmill or pedal a stationary bike) to make your heart work hard and beat fast.
- Cardiac Catheterization – A procedure in which a long, thin, flexible tube is put into a blood vessel in your arm, groin or neck and threaded to your heart. Through the catheter, your doctor can do diagnostic tests and treatments on your heart. This procedure may be performed by an interventional cardiologist, who works with your cardiologist.
Brijeshwar Maini, MD, FACC
Specialties: Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology
Locations: Delray Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, West Palm Beach